My Favorite Place

 I have traveled to many amazing places, but my favorite has to be my home and where I grew up for 18 years in Irmo, South Carolina. It is a town with a current population of about 12,000. I often miss my small hometown when I find myself in big cities for whatever reason, or after spending too much time in the college town of Norman. They say there is no place like home, and I think that's true!

Disclaimer: I did not live in any of the nice big lake houses pictured (unfortunately); however, I spent many days with friends who lived on the lake or owned boats. The choice of picture came about because these houses and this scenery are more visually pleasing than my own neighborhood!

Comments

  1. Yay for South Carolina, Chris! I actually live in North Carolina right now (we moved here for family reasons; teaching online, I got to keep my OU job!)... and if you are interested in learning about South Carolina folklore and folktales, that would be such a good topic for this class, so keep that in mind. I am working on a Brer Rabbit book right now, and some of the best Brer Rabbit stories come from South Carolina! For example: Folklore of the Sea Islands, South Carolina ... free book online! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everybody, I'm posting this link across several blogs to connect the South Carolina people :-)
    Lauren, Chris, and Carly (and that's just so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts