Time Strategies

Image Source. "If it's your job to eat a frog,
it's best to do it first thing in the morning."
-Mark Twain

Eat the Frog First Thing in the Morning by Thomas Oppong was the first article I chose for the eye-catching title, but I ended up really liking the content. "Eating the frog in the morning" refers to getting the unpleasant task on your to-do list out of the way early in the day, rather than procrastinating until later. Since this class does not have a dedicated time, I think I'll try to get my work done in the morning, rather than waiting until later (not to give the wrong impression that this coursework is a dreadful task...)

I also read How to build a realistic study plan that you'll actually stick to by Amanda Collins. When it comes to studying, I've never had any such thing as a plan, so this article sounded perfect for me. Studying is one of the top things I procrastinate on. I'd prefer to work on an assignment due in a week rather than study for a test coming up in two days. This article included some really useful tips, such as designating study time into my calendar for the day. I will refer to these tips throughout my final semester and surely even more so as a graduate student in the near future.

Comments

Popular Posts