Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
Week 3: Homer's Odyssey 
Week 4: Aesop's Fables (Jacobs)
Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.
Week 5: Indian Fairy Tales
Week 6: Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories
Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
Week 7: Japanese Mythology 
Week 9: Japanese Fairytales (Lang)
Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
Week 10: Sioux Legends
Week 11: Native American Marriage Tales
Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.
Week 12: Beowulf 
Week 13: Canterbury Tales
Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
Week 14: Kalevala 
Week 15: Dante's Inferno

Image Source. Susa-no-wo and the Serpent of "The Eight-Forked Serpent of Koshi," One of the Japanese tales I will be reading



In my plan, I have included some tales I am familiar with, some which I'm unfamiliar with but interested in, and some tales I've never heard of before. In high school, my curriculum included Beowulf, Dante's Inferno, and some of Canterbury Tales. I think it would be good to revisit these classic tales years later; I'm sure I will pick up on some things I missed as a high schooler. Ancient Egyptian myths and Japanese mythology/fairytales are topics which I have long been interested in, so I am looking forward to reading those. As for the others... the stories were intriguing at first glance, so I'm excited to see what they bring!

Comments

Popular Posts