Storybook Plan

Image Source. Kintaro
wrestling a bear
Kintaro is a very moldable character of Japanese folklore. In fact, he is so moldable, different versions of the legend of Kintaro begin disagreeing as early as his birth! I'd like to take from these different legends, and tell my own story of Kintaro's birth as the first part of my storybook. For part two, I'd like to once again take bits and pieces from the different versions of the existing literature, and use them to tell my own story of Kintaro's childhood. He had a very adventurous childhood, smashing rocks, speaking to animals, and defeating demons. Finally, the third part of the story will get into Kintaro's adult life. Just from a brief look at Wikipedia, Kintaro's adult life is a bit on the mundane side. He moves to Kyoto to study martial arts, and his mother moves to Kyoto as well. Perhaps we can make things more interesting here.

I want the title of my storybook to be "Kintaro Saves the Galaxy" (I already have a slight space theme going on with my blog that I want to keep up here), so I am going to have to add some spice to Kintaro's adventures in order to make him a galactic hero and not just an earthly one.

Useful resources:

Kintaro Wikipedia

Adventures of Kintaro UN-Textbook


Comments

Popular Posts