Week 8 Reading and Writing

Image Source. The generic image from my First Impression blog post (linked below). Check this post out to see my initial thoughts versus my thoughts on the class now.

Reading through the course overview at the very beginning of the year, I felt that the quantity of reading and writing assignments may be a bit overwhelming (being a physics major, I am much more fond of working with numbers than long readings/writings). I even made note of this in my Assignments: First Impression week 1 blog post.

After several weeks of class, I've enjoyed these assignments much more than I initially thought I would. The wide variety of sources to choose from means there is a great chance I'll find something I like each week. I've especially liked reading the Japanese fairy tales in the Un-Textbook and incorporating these into my storybook. 

Best of all, the creative aspect in writing my own stories is something I appreciate about this class. I don't get to be creative in this way at all when it comes to my math and science classes, so (even though it does involve writing, which I dislike) getting to let my imagination run wild in my stories here can be lots of fun. I'm looking forward to continuing this in the weeks to come and fine-tuning my rusty writing skills some more.

Comments

Popular Posts